Growing up my mom would make strawberry and raspberry jam every summer. For me jam is very nostalgic and brings up so many childhood memories for me. Helping my mom pick the berries, prep them and make the jam! I remember my Mom’s jam being very labor intensive and had added sugar and gelatin. I wanted to recreate a jam recipe that is easy, quick and comprised of a clean ingredient list! Try it out for yourselves and let me know how it goes!
- 1 lb Fresh Raspberries
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 4 tsp. Chia Seed
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- ¼ Cup of Water
- Place raspberries, water a salt into a medium pot.
- Cover and bring a light simmer over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer until raspberries being to burst or pop. (About 5 Min)
- Remove cover and continue to cook, stirring frequently and lightly mashing the un-popped raspberries until mixture thickens. (About 8-10 minutes and be careful not to burn so keep your heat on the lower side of medium)
- Remove from heat and stir in chia seeds, honey and lemon juice.
- Let cool completely.
- Once cooled transfer into mason jar or container of choice and refrigerate.
- Jam will last for about a week